Cheap Kitchen DIY


We have lived in our same house for about 2 years now, which is ground breaking for us.  In our 6 years of marriage, my husband and I have moved 5 times.  Insane, I tell you!  I love a lot of things about our kitchen.  It's open, there is plenty of cabinet space, our appliances are all new . . . but, living in a rental can be frustrating sometimes. I don't have control over things like paint colors and finishes and I don't want to spend a lot of money decorating something that I won't be in for a long time.  Like, what if our next home is totally different?  You know? This little project on top of the cabinets cost me a 98¢ can of spray paint and made a huge difference in the hominess of my kitchen.


For a few weeks I collected vases that different family members were getting rid of and then spray painted them white. I added a few plates I already had on hand and a few faux succulents I wasn't using...and that's it. Probably not Pinterest worthy, but I am really liking it! 


This is so easy that I hesitate posting about it, but if you have a space in your home that is looking a little empty, spray painted vases are a cute way to dress up a blank area!

Post a Comment