Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake

About a year ago, I decided I didn't want to buy beef anymore. I don't know.  Eating beef has always wigged me out a little bit (I think it stems back to my ~cute, fuzzy cow slippers I wore as a preteen) and it is expensive and yadda yadda yadda.  I still enjoy a hamburger from time to time, but I'm mostly just over it.

Anyway.

My husband loooves meat.  I would say it is a defining characteristic.  I want him to like the food I make, so I have been on the hunt for a delicious chicken sausage recipe to take the place of Italian Sausage in my pasta dishes.  Not to toot my own horn or anything, but this is wayyy better than any Italian sausage I've ever had.  It is seriously soooo good!

The pasta bake, itself, is quite basic.  But, with the sausage it is special.  Definitely try this if you're looking for a easy, tasty dinner this week!


Chicken Sausage
1 lb ground chicken
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 Tbs dried parsley
1 ts fennel seeds
1 ts black pepper
1 ts salt
2 Tbs olive oil

In a frying pan, over medium high heat, cook the ground chicken in olive oil.  As the chicken is cooking, add the garlic, parsley, fennel seeds, salt and pepper.  Cook thoroughly, until chicken is no longer pink.

Pasta Bake
1 lb chicken sausage
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 cups uncooked Rotini Pasta
1 large zucchini, diced
1 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to directions.  While pasta cooks, lightly sautee zucchini until soft.  In a large bowl, mix together pasta, pasta sauce, zucchini, and chicken sausage. Place into a 9x13 pan and sprinkle cheese on top.  Bake until cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.  Enjoy!

Post a Comment