Chili Mac Recipe

My little boy is obsessed with macaroni and cheese. I try and have at least one meal on my meal plan that I know he will love. This week it was Chili Mac. This recipe makes a lot, so he has plenty of leftovers for his lunch throughout the week. If you are on a tight budget and need to stretch a meal, double the beans. It will go a looong way.

You will need:
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 tsp onion powder
8 ounces ground beef or turkey
4 cups chicken broth
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt (+more to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
10 ounces uncooked elbow pasta (I use whole wheat)
1-2 cups shredded cheese (I use whatever I happen to have. Usually cheddar)

In a large skillet, cook ground beef or turkey with garlic and onion powder until meat is browned. Drain excess fat. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and seasonings. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked though (10-12 minutes). Remove from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted. Enjoy! (Makes 6-8 servings)


Post a Comment